TNA‘s Road To Slammiversary World Tour made some stops in Upstate New York and Vermont over last weekend. I went to two of the three shows and the results were the same for each card. So the following matches occurred in Massena, NY. on April 19th and Barre, VT on April 21st:
- Kenny King beat Rockstar Spud to retain the X-Division Title
- Velvet Sky def. Gail Kim to retain the Knockouts Title
- AJ Styles beat Magnus
- Devon (W/ D-Lo Brown) beat Joseph Park
- Matt Morgan def. Hernandez
- Bully Ray beat Kurt Angle to retain the World Heavyweight Title
Say what you want about them but TNA House shows are a lot of fun and they always give the fans what they want. If you go through the night without meeting at least three wrestlers, you were stapled to your chair. I usually get the tickets that get me in early for the Meet and Greet and I did so on these dates. I waited in line for a very short amount of time and got to get autographs and pictures from Rockstar Spud, Matt Morgan, Joseph Park (No, he won’t sign Abyss autographs!), Magnus, Gail Kim, and Hernandez. Then they announced Velvet Sky would be signing at the merchandise table. Yes, I got pictures from both shows! Both Earl and Bryan Hebner were out signing too. At the Barre show my friend and I bought a V:I:P pass which got us backstage to meet AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, Kenny King, Bubba Ray, Devon, D.O.C.(Luke Gallows), and D-Lo Brown. Great time and well worth the price! When was the last time the WWE did something like that at a House Show?
- Wasn’t it just a couple weeks ago that they announced on Impact! that from now on all X-Division matches were to have three wrestlers? They could’ve at least kept that stipulation here.
- The Dudley’s and D-Lo were fantastic this weekend! Great heel heat and even better comedy! Top notch!
- Matt Morgan is humongous! Why he hasn’t had a run with the TNA World Title is beyond me. Also a huge Iron Maiden fan!
- Kurt Angle deserves the “Cyborg” nickname. Nobody does it like him. He doesn’t need to do house shows but that’s how much he loves it. One of the all-time greats.
- Velvet Sky and Gail Kim are strikingly beautiful…and they can wrestle! Wait a minute. Gail Kim is fantastic and Velvet Sky has come a long way. There, that’s more like it. Both very sweet though!
- AJ Styles vs. Magnus was a very good match, as expected. Golden. Great seeing both of them.
- I’m sorry but I really like the Joseph Park gimmick. Funny.
- Hernandez is a really cool guy and I like his matches but I miss LAX with Homicide.
- Rockstar Spud is a very small kid. He hits the middle rope after an Irish Whip…just like Rey Mysterio, That’s the only time I’ll say both of those names in the same sentence. Not being mean. Alright, Spud was very polite and he got the crowd really loud. There, is that better?
After counting my ticket stubs, I’ve been to 17 TNA shows. After this weekend, I realize I’ve had just as much fun at these as I had at the first couple. I will continue to support TNA and I can’t wait to go again. Check them out when they’re in your area and watch them on Spike on Thursday nights at 8.