12-1-12 Vu Night Spot, Cornwall, ON. Mecca Pro‘s latest outing was a special one as the fans got to book the show! Matches were suggested by their fans and the most votes set up the card for the evening. Personally, I didn’t vote but I kept tabs on it. I think this was MPW‘s biggest crowd so far at this club and was a small victory over a (newly turned) rival company. They chose to run against them in the same town on the same night…big mistake. I guess their rival only had 10 fans show up. Competition is great but this was a bullcrap thing to do in my opinion. I actually go to the other organization’s shows but MPW was booked first and I’m loyal to Mecca. Let’s get to the results.
- Jae Rukin def. “Charming” Chaz Lovely in a submission match. This was Jae’s return to MPW after suffering an injury and he seemed in fine shape. I like both of these guys so this was a great way to open. Very fast paced contest which saw Rukin get the win with a…I don’t know because the 50/50 ticket lady was in front of me taking my money. But, I’m sure it was a painful ending for “Charming” Chaz.
- Derric Hamilton def. Zeddy Breez. Hamilton is a seasoned vet as Zeddy found out as this was his first match. Zeddy trained at Bodyslammers Gym, which is a school out of Ottawa, ON that was originally founded by Al Snow. Zeddy did well and seemed to have some charisma but it takes more than that to win a match. I’m looking forward to seeing more of this rookie.
- Harley Davison beat Canadian Justice by DQ. In the ongoing feud between Justice and manager/former GM Eddie Weiss this match had a special stipulation. If Canadian Justice was victorious, he would have 5 minutes in the ring with Eddie Weiss, who would be handcuffed at ringside during the entire match. This contest wasn’t without underhanded tactics as Weiss is known. As the ref was knocked down, Justice hit his finisher. Eddie Weiss is a smart man and threw his shoe to Justice. This was when the ref got up and saw Harley down on the mat and Justice with a shoe in his hand. DQ. Hahaha. Love it.
- The Incredible Hunks (Deeno & Cheeky)def. The Maltese Falcons (Cecil Nyx & Phil Plume)to win the MPW Tag Team Titles. This was a really good match that showed a ton of teamwork on both sides. This is how tag team wrestling should be! The Hunks have been chasing the gold for almost a year now and tonight was their night. Well done Hunks!
- Jody DiMilo beat Persephone Vice in a Last Woman Standing Match. These two women chopped each other and beat on each other until Vice didn’t get up before the 10 count. I wouldn’t mess with either of them!
- Dave Titan def. Damien Styles & “Magic” Mario Bryant in a #1 Contender’s Elimination Match. Dave Titan is a beast! Of course the other two aren’t slouches either, why else would they be in the match? I was impressed with all the competitors in this and Dave Titan deserved the win. Congratulations to the new #1 Contender.
- American Barbarian & Shocker beat V:I:P (“The Rage” Randy Berry & Joey Valentyne). The stipulations of this match are as follows(right off the MPW event page):*If either member of V:I:P beat either Barbarian or Shocker, one of them will become the new MPW Champion. MPW General Manager Joe Dunlap is also forcing Berry and Valentyne to each wear a dress while competing in this match-up to serve as a punishment for their defiant behavior at last month’s event.* All I can say is…laugh! V:I:P came out wearing these little girl dresses(see the pics) and proceeded to wrestle with them on. Watching them pull their dresses down (so nobody would see up them) before going through the ropes or before performing moves had me in stitches! I was yelling to the people not to take pictures, as I had my camera in my hand, Randy Berry said “Then why are you taking one?” I said, “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to! I’ll delete it!” He then threatened to beat my face in. So good. Shocker made the pin on V:I:P so the American Barbarian retained the MPW Heavyweight Title.
Overall, this was a top notch outing on Mecca Pro‘s part, as always. This is one of the reasons why I attended their show and not the “other guys”. Thank for the good time MPW!!