Saturday, June 15,2013. Ottawa, ON. ISW at 2:00pm & C*4 at 7:00pm. With both shows being held at the K of C building just hours apart, I figured I’d review them both at the same time. I’ll start with Inter Species Wrestling.
The original main event featured ISW Champion “The Murder Machine” Izzie Deadyet defending against CZW‘s “Bulldozer” Matt Tremont, however due to unforeseen problems Tremont couldn’t make it. He was going to be replaced by fellow CZW maniac “Deathmatch Drunkard” Danny Havoc. The show began with Havoc coming out and stating he wasn’t cleared to wrestle as he had broken ribs so he announced his replacement…”The Bulldozer” Matt Tremont!
Time for the action!
- Boogli(Using different name) vs. Olimpico. OK, I don’t know who won this match. Sorry guys. I do remember it was a fine way to get us going. I think. These guys are from the Torture Chamber Pro Wrestling Dojo. One of the guys wrestles as Boogli elsewhere such as C*4 but I didn’t catch his name. Terrible. I know.
- Kevin Brien def. Eddie Erdogan. Crap. I can’t remember if Brien was the winner here or not. More from the dojo. Sorry again.
- Jaka def. El Hijo Del Bamboo. You just have to love a 500lb. wrestling Panda! He’s so fun! He also makes really cute noises! OK, that just sounds a little strange. Jaka is a wildman and most of this match was spent chasing after a banana that ring announcer Moohammad the Terrorist Cow (yes, you read that right) brought in with him. I had seen Jaka once before and maybe didn’t give him enough of a chance but I like him!
- Matthieu St. Jacques beat Dan Barry. This was supposed to be a tag team match with Tabarnak de Team vs. Dan Barry’s team of Tremendous Investigations Inc. however his partner Detective Bill Carr was subject to an Internal Affairs investigation for using excessive force on a jaywalker. Just read the Ottawa newspaper to get that one. No, I mean it because I forgot exactly what happened but it was Ottawa related!! I’m posting a picture on here of Monsieur St. Jacques sitting in the crowd next to me because I think it’s great (not sure who to give photo credit to but…enjoy!)
- Oni def. Amasis. My first time seeing Oni but obviously not my first time seeing Amasis. Great match!!
- Giant Tiger def. Jae Rukin, Leon St. Giovanni & Craigslist Homo. I’ve seen them all before except for “Craig”. He came out and proceeded to sit on my knee and put his vest around my neck. Why? Not sure but that’s where I left it until intermission! Funny thing at the start of this. Tiger grabbed the mic and said he was having a bad day as somebody beat the crap out of him for jaywalking! Also, somebody stole his grill. I love Giant Tiger and I told him he needs a “Best In The World” shirt for himself! He is the best. You should have seen him impress during this match!! The best!! Oh yeah, Leon got his mustache ripped off during the match! Yes, it was fake. Awesome!
- The Food Fighters (Pasquale The Italian Chef & Bastion Snow) def. “Dirty” Buxx Belmar & Sh!tty. I’m not going to say who I think the wrestlers were under the masks but they looked very familiar to me! The match started with me getting my forehead wet from Bastion with a scrub brush and then getting a roll of toilet paper thrown at my head by Sh!tty! I don’t know why out of all the people in the crowd I was the focal point for some! Oh well, made it fun. I really like the Food Fighters as this was the first time I saw them live. They could be one of my favorite teams now! Buxx is always great and very nasty and Sh!tty was pretty good despite the name!
- Addy Starr beat “Sexual Spider Monkey” Pinkie Sanchez. Addy wins the Undisputed King Of Crazy Title! As with most wrestling events, the card was subject to change. Addy was supposed to take on Frankie Arion for the Other Title but he didn’t feel he had to defend it at this event. Pinkie was supposed to face “Death Machine” Chris Dickinson but he couldn’t make it. Therefore, we get this match! Congratulations Addy! Will you go on a date with me? Oops! Was that out loud? Damn.
- Kitsune def. “MVP” Michael Von Payton. Kitsune was a very talented wrestler. Lots of kicks and other martial arts stuff. I would compare him to “Speedball” Mike Bailey only different. Great match!
- Izzie Deadyet beat Matt Tremont. Deadyet retains the ISW Championship in this hard fought match! Tremont brought out a box of 1,000 Mega Bloks! They were used against him during the finish when Izzie shoved some blocks in his mouth and gave him a shining wizard for the pin. The match also featured 2 tables that my friend Matty had us pick up! Nice! Great, wild match!
Next up was C*4: “Crossing The Line 6”. Here we go!
- John Greed beat “Big” Bryan Kevins. Why is John Greed still in the dark matches? He won. Is there any doubt he wouldn’t? Man!
- Aaron Epic def. Urban Miles & Boogli. See? Boogli! Maybe I should’ve taken notes during this show. I don’t remember what happened in this match. Miles makes girly sounds. Quite funny actually.
- “Rocksteady” Alex Vega def. Cheech Hernandez. Great opening match here! Lots of fast paced action. Wait a second…what C*4 matches don’t have that? Anyway, surprise ending here! Holy crap! John Greed came out and helped Vega win! Welcome to the main show brother!!
- Amasis def. Surfer Mitch, Leon St. Giovanni & Sebastian Suave. Very exciting. My third time seeing Mitch. Even more impressed with him. Leon is always fun to watch! Sebastian, welcome back!! Like I said…exciting!
- Jaka beat “Bulldozer” Matt Tremont. I knew I liked Jaka for a reason! I also know I’d hate to get stuck between these two beasts! Hard hitting. Check out the pic.
- C*4 Tag Team Championship Open: Won by Jae Rukin & Brent Banks! This was an elimination match featuring all the C*4 tag teams obviously. I won’t name them all…you should know them!! Great match. There are none better thank these teams! Fantastic! Congratulations to the new champs!!
- “Dirty” Buxx Belmar def. Sonjay Dutt. Finally got to meet Sonjay! Seemed like a cool guy to me. Buxx and Sonjay. That’s all I need to say. Good win buxx!
- Vanessa Kraven beat Twiggy to win the Inter Gender Championship. She actually pounded the crap out of Twiggy and his buddy Giant Tiger. Congrats to the new champ!! Good stuff. Sorry Tiger!
- Frankie The Mobster def. Pinkie Sanchez. Both of these guys are great! I could watch them wrestle at every event! So entertaining! The big man gets the win.
- “Speedball” Mike Bailey beat “Walking Weapon” Josh Alexander & “Hacker” Scotty O’Shea(C) to win the C*4 Heavyweight Title. Words could not describe the action in this. These guys beat the crap out of each other for about 30 minutes. Bailey gets the title and he really deserved it. Unbelievable how good these guys are. Some of the best. This is why I Support Indy Wrestling!!!
C*4 did it again! They really are the best in Ontario. I’m not trying to slight any others as I do go to more and really enjoy them. Just can’t help it. C*4 Rules!! Needless to say I enjoyed my day in Ottawa. I can’t wait to go back. Here’s another pic to finish up here. Thanks for reading.