5/4/13. Ballston Spa, NY. To coincide with “Star Wars Day”, In Your Face Wrestling presented “May The Fourth Be With You”. This was my first IYFW event and I had a really good time. It also helps that I was there representing the APWF (Adirondack Pro Wrestling Federation) and we brought in former TNA wrestler “Dog Of War” Jesse Neal. Anyway, the building was a welcomed change from some of the ones I’ve been in as there was no way anybody could come close to hitting their head on the ceiling! The crowd was pretty loud and really got behind their favorites. I need to point out that I didn’t get to see all of the action because I was selling APWF and Jesse Neal merch so these are pretty much who won/who lost results. Let’s get to the matches!
- Team RPG (Rickety Rocket & Ian Daniels) def. The Stormtroopers Of Death. Team RPG didn’t have to worry as the IYFW Tag Team Titles weren’t on the line in this opening contest. I automatically liked The S.O.D. just because they had “The Bad Guys” on their gear and that’s what they were…and they wore masks. I had seen Rocket at a different show before and I think he does a really good job and the kids love him. Daniels on the other hand looked anorexic! I’m sure it’s part of the gimmick as Rocket doesn’t weigh much more. I was entertained and actually guffawed when Daniels flexed his
punyhuge arms! Either way, they pulled off the victory so I guess they did something right!
- Liam McFerrin beat Kyller Jones. Sticking to the “Star Wars” theme, this was a “Padawan Match” where the pupils represented their trainers. I really liked McFerrin – he hits like a big albeit happy truck! He is the current IYFW New Breed Champion and he was trained by Drake Evans so maybe that’s why. Kyller was trained by J.P. Black and did a fine job but was over matched by the big man.
- “The Wolf” C.J. Scott beat EliteTerrell. I was familiar with Scott but it was my first time seeing Elite. Pretty one sided bout with the big man getting the win in no time with a killer package piledriver!! Not content with this match, Scott challenged Drake Evans.
- “The Wolf” C.J. Scott def. Drake Evans. Looks like he was on a roll this night! Wolf stole this with some “help” from J.P. Black in the form of a club to the head. I guess Black wasn’t too thrilled over the results of the Padawan match!
- Northern Fury (Big Vigo & Sgt. Fury) def. The Fallen (Shadokat & Deacon Sot). This turned into a 2 out of 3 Falls match. I admit, I spent most of this match looking at the valet for The Fallen…the very attractive Mirage. The good guys got the first and last fall to get the decision. I really did enjoy what I did see for wrestling action, does it make me a bad guy just because I liked Mirage more? Too bad I didn’t get a good pic of her to post!
At this time, it was announced that Jesse Neal’s scheduled opponent, “The Beast” Pierre Vachon couldn’t make it due to “family obligations” or one of those. Fair enough. Jesse takes the mic and announces he’d like to take on Drake Evans for a second time (they took on each other at Slam All-Star Wrestling (SAW)’s “Honor Among Thieves” on 9/27/12 in St Albans, VT). Drake was a little beat up but he agreed to the match. I knew he would!
- Blood Money (“Millennium Millionaire” Scott Scarsdale, “Mr. Maple Leaf” Ricky Williams & “Modern Day Marquis” Guillaume deSade) def. The Northern Studd, Good Lord Willing & Chip Stetson. The list of wrestlers in this match took as long for me to type as the match did!! Sorry, I wasn’t too thrilled with this one. I don’t have any clue as to what Good Lord Willing is. I don’t care either. I know I shouldn’t expect perfection in these matches but at least make it look like you’re punching your opponent! GLW ‘s punches looked like a 2 year old’s. The best moment of this match occurred when somebody in the crowd yelled, “Good Lord! Where is The Shield already?!” Sorry Scott…I do like you!! Oh wait! One very funny thing happened as Blood Money came out wearing Star Trek shirts during this Star Wars event! Ha!!! Classic!!
- Drake Evans def. “Dog Of War” Jesse Neal. Due to impartiality, I’ll just say I enjoyed this match and I’m looking forward to the “rubber match” as these two are tied one a piece. Nicely done boys! Let me also say Jesse Neal does a pretty good Ric Flair impersonation!
- “The Mighty” Fronz Roddy vs. “The Pillar” Roman Dominguez ended in a Double Count Out. Roddy retains the IYFW Heavyweight Championship in this fine match. I admit, Jesse Neal came out to the table so I had to get things ready for him and missed some of this, but what I did see was classic good guy vs. bad guy. I loved the fact that Dominguez used the “stall” and it was comical when the two argued over which signs the fans made were better! (Dominguez had hearts on his whereas Roddy’s was spelled wrong!). Nicely done!
- The Northern Studd won The Mos Eisley Cantina Rumble: I didn’t pay any attention to this as I was busy. I do have a problem though. I think the Heavyweight Title match should be last on the card. Anyway, this match had the style of the Royal Rumble with the wrestlers coming out after a certain amount of time until they were all in there. The Northern Studd gets the win. His award was a “Medal Of Yavin”. Now, I don’t know how they got one of those but that’s pretty impressive!!
In closing, I’d like to say Thank You to IYFW for having the APWF and treating us so well! Jesse had a great time and hopes to see everybody again. This was an entertaining night and I was sorry to see it end. Their next event is June 22, 2013 in the same venue. Go to it!!