This DVD had a release date of Aug. 7, 2012 but I just got around to watching it today. This is one of the WWE’s budget releases for a price of under $10 with a running time of about 90 minutes. There are other releases in this series but this is the only wrestler worth watching in my opinion. The matches are as follows:
- DB (w/The Miz) vs. Chris Jericho (w/ Wade Barrett). This was Bryan’s first match on tv from NXT Season 1. Very good contest that had the suicide dive where Bryan hit his side on the commentator’s table, leaving a very impressive welt. The only problem with this match is the length of it…under 10 minutes.
- Next is a video of the DB-Miz history. Good to have.
- The Miz vs. Bryan. This is for the US Title. Miz had Alex Riley in his corner. Despite all the outside interference Bryan wins the title. Really good match.
- Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, (the never-aging)Kane, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel, Sheamus, & Sin Cara. This match is the Smackdown Money In The Bank Ladder Match. What a great match! Including Sin Cara getting a power bomb through a ladder(!) by Sheamus and Kane & Sheamus giving the “Doomsday Device” to Daniel Bryan(and a very good one, too!). These are just two of the highlights of this exciting match.
- Mark Henry(C) vs. Bryan . The Big Show was in Bryan’s corner and knocked out Henry for the DQ. This serves no purpose to me other than to highlight the fact that Daniel Bryan can carry even Mark Henry to a decent match. Don’t get me wrong, Mark Henry is a beast but I certainly don’t miss seeing him on RAW or anywhere else for that matter.
- DB vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry. Steel Cage Match from the Royal Rumble. One thing that really bothers me is when the champion comes out first. The champ should come out last!! What’s wrong with them? Anyway, this was alright considering Bryan is the only one that can wrestle. The other two are obviously impressive sights but so is The Great Khali. But I digress. Bryan escapes over the top of the cage to win the match and retain the World Heavyweight Title.
One thing I didn’t like about the DVD was the fact that there isn’t a host. It would be better to get the background on the matches. Oh yeah, this also was when Michael Cole would spend the entire match ripping on Daniel Bryan. I have always liked the “bad guy” commentators but he was just annoying. Overall, the DVD was a very good taste of what Daniel Bryan has to offer to the wrestling world. Eventually the WWE will release a 2 or 3 disc set that will cover most of his career. Until then, go buy this one!
Check it out on Amazon.com: WWE: Superstar Collection – Daniel Bryan