This is the DVD of the Pro Wrestling Syndicate iPPV that was held on June 1, 2012. I was at this show so I didn’t watch this until today. I wish I had since I can only watch about 6 of the 10 matches due to glitches. Nice job RF Video!! Nevertheless, this was a treat to see on DVD except there is no commentary. What tha? Here are the matches anyway:
- The Briscoe Brothers beat Davey Richards & Adam Cole. This was a Dark Match since ROH wrestlers aren’t allowed on other fed’s ppv’s. Great match. You just have to love Dem Boys!
- Alex Reynolds def. AR Fox. This was my first time seeing AR Fox wrestle and I loved every minute of it! This guy should be on every card on the Indy scene.
- Tag Team Guantlet Match featuring: The Nasty Boys, The Phat Pack (w/Ox Baker & PN News…yup PN News), Enhancement Talent, Team Energy, & Modest & Mattixx. It was kind of fun to see the Nasty Boys. Um, next match.
- Mils Mascaras def. Samurai del Sol. This wasn’t the best match for me to see del Sol for the first time as he really couldn’t showcase his talent. Very cool to see a “Hall Of Famer” in a match but he is just too old now. Nice and nostalgic.
- Big Van Vader beat 2 Cold Scorpio. We got to see Vader wrestle right before he made his appearance on WWE Raw. He and Scorpio did a good job. Vader has had back surgery, and you could tell it’s hard for him to go like he used to, but the man is still impressive. I saw Scorpio wrestle in 2011 and he’s as good now, if not better, than he was in ECW. At the end of the match, Jay Lethal & Devon Moore from Reality Check jumped Scorpio. I don’t know why but they did. Vader made the save.
- Devon Moore vs. Dan Maff. This match started off with the big guy beating on Moore until Kevin Matthews jumped in. Tommy Dreamer came out and we have ourselves a Street Fight! Moore and Matthews get the win. This is where my DVD starts messing up. Lovely.
- The “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase made an appearance to raffle off his watch. Didn’t see this on the DVD. Actually, that’s pretty much it for my DVD. I do have the rest of the results.
- Taka Suzuki, Koko B. Ware, Mike Dennis, & Star Man beat The Sheik, Apollyon, QT Marshall, & George South. This didn’t really need to be on an already long card but whatever. George South had another guys’ tights on for some reason. Fantastic seeing him though! Got to see too much of Koko as for some reason he does a Stink Face now. Ugh.
- Freight Train beat Dynomite. This was a $5 Wrestling showcase. So bad but the belt looked really good. Bad. Just bad.
- Brittany Savage beat Veda Scott. Pretty.
- The Main Event saw The Great Muta & Kai def. Sami Callihan & Anthony Nese. I hadn’t seen Muta live since 1989 when he wrestled Sting in the NWA , so this was a real treat for me. I had never seen Kai and to be honest, I don’t remember much about him. Not saying he was bad just…there. Sorry Kai! Sami is, for lack of a better term, a machine! This was my 3rd or 4th time seeing him so I knew what to expect. Anthony Nese was in TNA with a contract right up until this show. TNA wouldn’t let him appear and wrestle Muta so he quit. Respect. This was a fast paced match as could be expected. I thought it would be a short one since the show went on for like 5 days it seemed but they gave it a decent amount of time. So good.
I would recommend this DVD to those that haven’t had the chance to see Pro Wrestling Syndicate live. I wish the condition was better but maybe I just got a bad copy. PWS manages to have high quality matches with a good mix of young talent, “legends”, and even a couple old gimmicks ie. Star Man, The Goon, and Mantaur. Their shows are usually held in Rahway, NJ and if I lived closer, I would be there every time. Check ’em out!