7/20/13. Avonmore, Ontario. This is the second time that CWA was featured at the Avonmore Fair and what an improvement! I was starting to worry a little bit about CWA but I don’t think I need to after this event. Top notch talent and a loud crowd made for a very good time! Here are the results:
- Paul Rosenberg def. Genesis. This was originally billed as Rosenberg & Genesis vs. CJ Felony & Catalyst but they didn’t make the show. The two “friends” thought they would be declared the winners but GM Alexander Black made the match between them. Decent opening but I can’t say I was very much into it. Sorry but I wanted to see other matches. One thing I did notice since the last time I had seen Rosenberg…he grew out his hair or he wore a very poofy wig! Whatever. Next.
- “MVP” Michael Von Payton def. Dasher Hatfield & Leon St. Giovanni. This was a 3 Way Elimination Match to determine the #1 Contender to the CWA ITV Champion. These were some of the guys I was looking forward to seeing! MVP always does a great job as proof here by winning! I like LSG more and more every time I see him and that’s not saying I didn’t like him from the start…just didn’t know him. A personal favorite of mine is the “Old Timey King Of Swing” Dasher Hatfield! He wrestled for Chikara up until they folded (I guess, but one can only hope it’s not true!) but it was great to see hi on this night! He does some very clever maneuvers that I’m not familiar with so I always end up laughing but scratching my head! Just a very good match. To all three I’d like to say, “well done”. At this time, Jeremy Prophet came out and talked about his rematch for the CWA Title. GM Black told him that whoever won the match between him and “Speedball” Mike Bailey would get the title shot. Prophet got in his face until Bailey ran out to make the save. Looking forward to this one!
- Sexxxy Eddy beat Pinkie Sanchez. I don’t think I can find two guys I like better than these two. Eddy is as bad as it gets with his little gold trunks and his, uh, five extra pounds but man he is a riot. As I’ve said before many times, Pinkie is just crazy! Put the two of them together and you’re bound to have a good time. That’s what wrestling is about, isn’t it? It seems that Eddy gets his junk grabbed a lot lately. I suppose if it’s the closest thing to his opponent, they have to. No different here. Pinkie grabbed a hold of him for all he was worth! At one point, he jammed a beer cup down the front of his trunks and started shoving a water bottle up the other side, if you know what I mean. Eddy wasn’t too thrilled about this as you can imagine. These two really are good wrestlers but this was more of a fight. A funny fight but a fight nevertheless. The best.
- Green Phantom beat Payne “The Hellraizer”. The battle of the big men. The battle of the masked men. These two took it to each other. They battled in and out of the ring…as expected. I had to laugh as Payne called Phantom “old man” during the match. Might as well talk trash, right? At one point while outside the ring on the ground (yes, it was on the ground…covered with stones!), Payne threw Phantom into an empty seat right between a young couple and a little old lady! Then he did a running dropkick! Talk about getting up close and personal! Payne of course slid right through the rocks cutting open his leg. I asked him if he was crazy! Of course he is. The seasoned pro gets the win. Ouch.
- Vanessa Kraven beat Angie Skye. I probably should’ve worded that as Kraven beat ON Angie Skye. Don’t get me wrong, Angie isn’t a slouch by any means! It’s just Vanessa Kraven beats up men and women! She chopped Angie’s chest so hard she left welts. I wouldn’t mess with her at all. I did laugh at her when she kept telling the little four year old kid next to me to shut his mouth…what a bully! When she made the pin, she stared right at the kid and blew him a kiss. Or maybe the kiss was for me. Not sure.
- “MVP” Michael Von Payton def. Tomer Shalom for the CWA iTV Title. Straightforward match involving two good wrestlers. MVP is one I always speak highly of but Tomer is a different kind of wrestler. Fine wrestler but he gets the crowd going in a different way than most. You gotta love the guy! During the match he had MVP outside the ring and he kept asking people to lift up their boot. Well, nobody did. I’m talking the four year old next to me didn’t even do it! He got to me and said “put up your boot!” I then told him, “NO!” Tomer of course said, “Too Fat?” Hahahahaha! Classic! I thought Tomer was going to retain the iTV title but the Alexander Black ran down and threw a chain to MVP. What is going on around here? New iTV Champ…MVP!!
- “Speedball” Mike Bailey def. Jeremy Prophet. This may have been the match of the night. They pounded on each other! There were are a ton of high flying moves too though. Prophet was thrown out of the ring and Bailey jumped over the top rope and landed on Prophet…and the rocks! Keep in mind, Speedball wrestles barefoot! Like Ron Simmons says, “Damn!” Actually, yes, this was the match of the night. Come to think of it, when I see Bailey in C*4 he usually has the match of the night! I was pretty shocked at the end, Prophet actually shook hands with him. Very impressive! Great match.
- CWA Heavyweight Champion Rob Rage def. Sebastian Suave. Ok, to start off here, I have a problem. Rage came to the ring with his music being “Iron Man”. The only wrestlers that should use that are the Road Warriors. Period. Well, Rage came down with makeup on and these big rubber shoulder pads and billed as “Road Warrior Rage”. I yelled out “Gimmick Infringement!!” I’m sorry but this pisses me off. Maybe he did it as a tribute. I don’t know and I don’t care. Sebastian Suave is great. He gave him a good match. Rage gets the win but got beat down by LSG, Suave and MVP. He deserved it. Tomer Shalom made the save.
Over all I’d say…SUCCESS!! This was the first show don by a new booker and he brought in fresh faces and great talent to the CWA locker room. Keep up the good work! I have one thing to complain about however. They need to change the name of the iTV Title belt to something else. Anything else! They don’t have anything on the internet and certainly don’t have anything on tv so change the name. I read a post by somebody saying MVP should only defend the belt on iTV and then he said #foreverchamp!! Hahaha! I’d mention here when the next show is but they didn’t say. That’s another problem I have. It makes sense to let the biggest crowd they’ve had in years know when the next show is! Mistake.
Enjoy some random pics!