9-21-13. Envy Night Spot. Cornwall, ON. Canadian Grand Prix Wrestling and Mecca Pro Wrestling combine forces in a charity event with all proceeds going to Hospice of Cornwall. I’m not really all that familiar with Hospice of Cornwall but if the guys from these two organizations agreed to donate their time and money I’m glad to help out. The goal last night was to reach $1,000 and I’m happy to say they met and even went higher than that! Let’s get to the results.
Tournament to crown the MPW Pound For Pound Champion:
- Derric Hamilton def. Jeff Fury. I like Hamilton and I’ve always defended the fact that he wears a kilt and not a dress. I’m sure he doesn’t need my help but I’m there anyway. I also picked him to win the tourney. Match 1 down! Decent opener. By the way…Fury needs to turn bad. Just my opinion.
- Bret Macleod beat Zeddy Breeze. Macleod actually survived the beating he took from Thunder at the last BTPW show I attended! Good for him. Must also be good enough to get to the final match of the tournament. Keep plugging along Zeddy…you’ll get there soon enough!
- KL Shock def. Deeno. Shock is a big hit with the ladies so therefore the guys prefer Deeno from The Hollywood Hunks! At least I do. Anyway, Deeno put a beating on Shock’s shoulder…good luck the rest of the tournament! Pretty boy. All joking aside, this was a very athletic contest that saw Shock come out the winner. There, I can be nice. As a side note, Deeno was sporting a mighty fine mustache.
- Ray Steele def. Crimson X & Decker Leduc. This was a Non-tournament triple threat match. X started out the match hanging outside the ring while Steele and Leduc fought each other. Steele is a strong, gym type of guy whereas Leduc is just a big, tough dude. Crimson X has come a long way from his debut and he added quite a bit to this one. Back and forth action and a lot of broken up pin attempts. Really good match. This was my second time seeing Decker Leduc and he looks a lot like Ray Traylor or Big Bubba Rogers or Big Bossman, whoever you know him best as. Big Bubba, Jr. should be his new gimmick…just sayin’.
- Canadian Justice def. Payne The Hellraiser by DQ. Payne certainly lived up to his name! Besides beating on Justice, he also gave the referee two package piledrivers!! Ha! I hate saying this because I’ve never cheered for Justice but he does a really good job in the ring. Unfortunately, he couldn’t handle the Payne on this night. The conclusion came when General Manager Joe Dunlap came out and threatened to fire Payne. He knew better and just DQ’d him. I was hoping Payne would give Dunlap the same treatment the referee got! Next time maybe. Good stuff here.
MPW Pound For Pound Championship Finals:
- Derric Hamilton def. KL Shock & Bret Macleod. One of the problems with a tournament is seeing the same people so I can’t even remember what went on in this match. I do know that Hamilton and Macleod spent a good amount of time double-teaming Shock. That is until the union fell apart. Shock came out of the match looking pretty hurt…hope he recovers soon. Congratulations are in order to Derric Hamilton for becoming the MPW Pound For Pound Champion!! Looks like I know how to pick ’em!
- Dave Titan beat “The Rage” Randy Berry. This was a #1 Contender’s match for the CGPW Heavyweight Championship. A while back I noted that Randy Berry was injured. I’m glad to see him back in action! He’s one of the best bad guys in the Ontario Indys. Man he can get the little kids angry! Berry had Persephone Vice in his corner but conspicuous by his absence was fellow V:I:P member Joey Valentyne. Looks like Berry could’ve used his help as Titan picked up the victory. After the match, Titan didn’t waste any time getting out of there. Can’t blame him. After losing, Randy blamed Persephone and she didn’t take it kindly as she attacked him and ripped her V:I:P shirt off and threw it at him. Looks like it’s down to two members now. My suggestion to “The Rage” is to put V:I:P to rest and concentrate on winning a title.
Another fun time in Cornwall and I’d like to thank every body for keeping me entertained…even though I can’t remember what happened! I’d also like to apologize for the rather unclear pictures I took. The dj or whoever kept hitting the smoke machine button, filling the place with all that stuff! Knock it off next time, Bub!