11/23/13. Ottawa, ON. C*4 returns and beats the crap out of all of us. I haven’t been to one of their shows since June and I’ve missed them! This was their 6th Anniversary show…here’s hoping for the 60th Anniversary! Let’s get to the action.
- The Axeman def, Dash Bison. I don’t think I’m giving anything away here by saying that The Axeman is Decker Leduc in other Canadian organizations and I was happy to see that he’s growing his beard back! Dash Bison looked familiar too. One thing I thought was great was when The Axeman yelled out, “Timber!” and fell backwards onto Bison just like a big redwood. Awesome! Cool opening contest to get the crowd ready.
- Liam Letto beat “The New Batch” Gremlin 2.Or “The New Breed” or whatever his name is, either way he’s a very strange looking individual. Letto is a tattooed guy and he had some cool moves and obviously had enough to put away the Gremlin. I can’t remember what the finish was but I remember I liked it. Sorry guys.
- Tabarnac de Team def. The Afterparty & Checkmate. You know it’s going to be a great night of action when during the first match I have to jump out of my seat and hightail it out of the way! Two words to describe this match are “holy” and “s@*#”. It was just mayhem! Just a couple noteworthy things: Cecil Nyx delivered two badass powerbombs right in a row to Checkmate’s Christopher Knight! Yeah, badass. I had to laugh as the crowd chanted “Kelly Osbourne” at Cecil as his hair is just a bit too black. Heh heh. One of the best things I’ve ever seen happened as Checkmate’s Lionel Bishop was doing a headstand on the top turnbuckle and TdT’s Thomas Dubois ran up and kicked him in the face! WOW! That was brutal!! TdT is the best! Probably why they one.
- Angie Skye & Jewells Malone def. Vanessa Kraven & Mary-Lee Rose. It’s nice to see the ladies wrestling the ladies instead of Twiggy and Giant Tiger. There are many times when the ladies match isn’t all that good (not a sexist comment) but this isn’t the case. I was impressed by this one. A lot of action by some talented women and not too bad to look at either. I’d like to see these four go at it again.
- “All Ego” Ethan Page beat Player Uno. Oh man, this was such an awesome time! I have to start off by talking about the moment Uno was going to jump over the ropes onto Page but he picked a kid from the crowd to halt Uno in his tracks! “That was awesome!” chants galore. Then the kid really gave it to Page every chance he could after that including when Uno held him and he chopped him on the chest! (“Holy s@#*” chants.) Usually when a wrestler has his opponent in the corner he climbs up and hits him ten times…not this time as Uno got the crowd to count to forty! One cool series of moves by Page was a schoolboy into an elbow drop but that was mild compared to the massive amount of superkicks by Uno. Oh yeah, I had to jump out of my seat again. After it was over, Page ripped off Uno’s mask but Stu Dos came out and gave him his mask to put on. Looking forward to seeing SSB vs Page & Josh Alexander in the future!
- Twiggy & Giant Tiger beat “High Five” Adam Sky & Brandon Slayer. First off I’d like to say congratulations to Giant Tiger for losing fifty pounds! This match was better than I thought it would be as I never saw Sky and Slayer (or as the crowd called him…Stifler) before and I had to jump out of the seat again. I laughed as somebody in the crowd yelled out,”Did your mother make your tights?” to Stifler. However, he and Sky had some decent teamwork including a Death Valley Driver/Splash combo that was spot on. The match ended as Tiger hit Sky on the head with his cowboy boot and then Twiggy choked him out resulting in the referee calling for the bell as he couldn’t continue. After the match, MVP came out and challenged Twiggy…challenge accepted!
- Twiggy beat MVP. This was an anything goes match and it started off right in front of us! At one point MVP had Twiggy on a chair on the floor and gave him a superkick and the chair slid about five feet…pretty cool. Even better was when Twiggy jumped off the stage and MVP caught him and just threw him right back onto the stage. Giant Tiger took the boot to the head from MVP so that took him out of the equation. MVP gave Twiggy five backbreakers followed by sit down powerbomb. Twiggy kicked out! The match ended with Twiggy doing a double foot stomp from the top. He then berated MVP and slapped him across the face. MVP just kind of sulked his way to the back. Hmmm.
- “Psycho” Mike Rollins def. “Speedball” Mike Bailey by DQ. A massive dropkick on the floor by Bailey right in front of us started this brawl and it was wild! All sorts of stiff kicks and punches from both of these guys made me glad I never tried to be a wrestler. I did laugh at Rollins when the referee tried to get him off Bailey from the corner and he told him, “Hey! I’m a psycho!” Hard hitting contest that ended when Bailey caught Rollins with a triangle choke hold (Hell’s Gate)forcing him to tap. Bailey wouldn’t let go so the referee reversed his decision. Awesome.
- Brent Banks & Jae Rukin def. Alex Vega & John Greed. C*4 Tag Team Champions defend their belts in a wild match that had my running for cover one more time. The first thing I noticed was Rukin got his head shaved. Now personally I think if a guy is going to get a haircut they should make this part of a hair vs. hair match (remember when the Undertaker shaved his head? Triple H?). Anyway, Greed impressed the crowd with many impressive moves like a double fall away slam on both and a frog splash! However, they’re not the tag champs for nothing as they get the pin on Geed after a double splash. I’m glad Greed is kicking butt in the main show!
- “Player Dos” Stu Grayson def. Sexxxy Eddy, “Surfer” Mitch Thompson & Sebastian Suave. When Eddy came out he took a birthday girl from the crowd and gave her a little more than a lap dance…I’m thinking she better take a pregnancy test! To the match: Fast paced one but with these four talents what else would you expect? Stu got the submission from Suave with a dragon sleeper(check out the pic).
- “Hacker” Scotty O’Shea beat “Dirty” Buxx Belmar. Most of the match was held outside the ring with Buxx climbing up onto the bar and jumped onto Hacker into the rows of chairs which sent the people scrambling. Action inside the ring included a sommersault ploncha off of the referee’s back! There was a table involved as “Psycho” Mike Rollins came out and put Buxx through it. Buxx tried valiantly to get the win until he took one too many chair shots to his head getting split open. Great main event to end a fantastic night of action!!
Another stellar outing from Ottawa’s Premier Indy Wrestling Fed! I’m telling you, if you get a chance to go to a live C*4 event…go! You leave there knowing you’ve seen the best and everybody gave it their all. Congratulations guys and well done! Their next show, “A Better Tomorrow” is Jan. 18, 2013. I’ll be there, will you?