3/9/13. C*4 Wrestling Presents “Level Up 2013” from Ottawa, ON. It was announced in the weeks leading up to this event that due to an injury, “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen would not be making the event. Hey, “Card Subject To Change”! To make up for it, a more than suitable replacement was announced…Franky The Mobster! Nice! As usual, C*4 offers a dark match for the VIP ticket holders. Just like their last showing, they featured two dark matches! Let’s get to the results.
- John Greed beat Kris Chambers. Once again, one of my favorites is in the opening match. Listen here “booker man”, get John Greed higher up in the card!! This was my first time seeing Chambers. Typical good guy-pretty boy. He did just fine. Greed beat this guy up though. That’s it.
- Chris Cruz & Jeff Fury def. Nico Marshall & Lex Lerman. First off, I learned that Lex Lerman is the brother of “Speedball” Mike Bailey but more on him later. All four of these guys are smaller and in great shape so this was a fast paced one and a very good way to get the crowd warmed up. Jeff Fury was a little thrown off since this was the first time I ever cheered for him! Ah, he’s a good guy, that’s why I boo him!
On With The Show:
- Checkmate def. “MVP” Michael Von Payton & “All Ego” Ethan Page. This was the official opening match and it was incredible! The first match and I already had to run out of my front row seat! These guys put it all on the line and were all over the place. For the record, Checkmate is Christopher Bishop & Lionel Knight. MVP & Page are now going by the “Most Valuable Egos”. Appropriate.
- “Superstar” Shayne Hawke def. “Rocksteady” Alex Vega. Another decent outing and a nice showing for both of these men. Hawke is a very funny guy in and out of the ring. I always enjoy him. In saying that, I’ve never seen a bad match from Vega. Thumbs up.
- Giant Tiger (DBA: The Real Vanessa Kraven) beat Vanessa Kraven by DQ. Special Guest Referee: Twiggy. Ah yes, the continuing saga of Twiggy & Tiger vs. Kraven. This match had me in stitches. Just seeing Giant Tiger stuffed into Kraven’s gear is enough to start me off. As a matter of fact, here’s a pic to make you chuckle…Gotta love that!! As expected, Twiggy was helping Tiger the entire time therefore making Vanessa completely miserable. Kraven was threatening Twiggy but of course she was trying not to get DQ’d. Finally, Twiggy disqualified Kraven anyway for using “foul language”. They can make this program last months and months if they want to.
- Super Smash Bros & Franky The Mobster beat Tabarnac de Team & Shawn Spears. Featuring the reunited (and it feels so bad) SSB and the debut of Shawn Spears. Spears was in OVW and WWE‘s version of ECW (WWECW) as Gavin Spears. Going along with the theme of the evening, this contest was another fantastic one. I had to run out of my chair again…a couple times. One hilarious thing happened (had to be there) was when St. Jacques from TdT was on the floor, Franky picked up my two empty beer cups and hit him on the head with them. You could barely hear it as it hit his head and he just kept staring strait ahead. The look on his face was priceless! I laughed so hard. Anyway, this was great and I could watch these guys all night.
- “Speedball” Mike Bailey def. “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin. Two words…Holy S***! What a match! They went hard against each other for over twenty minutes and it was awesome. One of the best matches I’ve ever seen live! Wow! That’s all I can really say except buy the DVD when it comes out! Elgin gave a speech afterward saying C*4 helped him get where he is today but that might have been his last match there. He moved to the states and it’s harder to get across the border(Just ask Paul London when we tried to bring him into Canada for an event!). Hopefully he’ll be back in the future. Fantastic.
- The Afterparty(Cecil Nyx & “Charming” Chaz Lovely) beat Brent Banks & Jae Rukin. To be fair, this match should’ve been right before the Bailey-Elgin match. It didn’t stand a chance with the crowd. We were spent! I guess the guys were just a tad bit upset backstage at having to follow it. But it was still a great #1 Contender’s Match for the C*4 Tag Team Championships. I like all these guys and I was shocked when Cecil Nyx just walked right by me. That is until he stopped dead in his tracks and walked back and planted a kiss on my forehead just like at the last event! What a nut! Fantastic action and they tried but there was just not much happening in the audience. Sorry guys! Your new #1 Contenders…The Afterparty!
- “Ronin” Josh Alexander def. “Hacker” Scotty O’Shea. Wow. Another grueling match! These guys beat the crap out of each other! Back and forth action from bell to bell. This is why I go to C*4! Some memorable spots: Hacker giving Ronin a running power bomb through a table (very small table but a table nevertheless), and Ronin gave O’Shea a piledriver through two chairs!! Ouch! I didn’t think Alexander could pull it off but he did after Mike Bailey came out to distract Hacker. Your winner and still C*4 Heavyweight Champion…Josh Alexander!