9-7-13. Rideau Carlton Raceway. Ottawa, ON. Better late than never I’ve said before when it comes to results. It’s been a while so please bear with me. D-Lo Brown was supposed to be the special guest however he had obligations in Japan. Enter Dr. Tom Prichard. Awesome replacement.
- Derric Hamilton def. “The Rage” Randy Berry. This was supposed to be for the Young Guns Championship and everybody thought Hamilton won. However, Randy Berry said he vacated the title before the match started so the win meant nothing. I heard what happened after I got there late thanks to waiting on the bridge into Canada for almost an hour!
- Thunder beat Bret Macleod & Cecil Nyx. I should’ve typed “beat up” because that’s exactly what happened! My first time seeing Thunder and the first chop he gave Macleod was the loudest chop I’ve ever heard before! Wow! Now after making the first chop that hard, he couldn’t hold back for the rest of the match…if that’s what you want to call it. Poor guys didn’t stand a chance. After the match, Macleod turned on Nyx. What a sore loser! Just to make a note… in the crowd was Thunder’s former tag tag partner Krusher Kline.
- Weapon X def. Bradford Montegue. I’m not a wrestler and never claimed to be but I know when a match has a ton of mistakes in it. This one did. Too bad as I’m sure it would’ve been a lot better. Nothing against the two guys…I guess everybody has bad match once in a while. Better luck next time.
- “MVP” Michael Von Payton def. Dave Titan. I’ve said it before and I’ll probably say it every time from now on…MVP is THE go-to guy in Ontario Indies. He’s that good. I don’t remember much from this match except for MVP’s manager, Mr. Know-It-All, apparently had one of his guys lose a match where the stipulation had him have to wear a dress. Everybody has seen that stipulation before, however, Mr. Know-It-All is smarter than most as he had a full length trench coat on over the dress so it was barely seen! What a genius!
- “Magic” Mario Bryant beat Ray Steele. I can’t remember much about this except Bryant won. Both formidable wrestlers but as the results tell you, Mario is just that much better! Good win for the Magic Man.
- “The Real” JJB beat Zeddy Breeze. Uh, good win by JJB, good job by Zeddy! Sorry, mind is shot.
- Katlin Diamond def. Persephone Vice. Somehow, Diamond pulled it off! A definite mismatch if I’ve ever seen one. I guess that just shows that if you have enough heart you can accomplish the near impossible! Katlin just wore her down by applying a crossface a couple times during the match. Very impressive win.
- Dr. Tom Prichard vs. Damian Styles ended in a No Contest. This started out as a fine straight forward wrestling match. Real wrestling as former 8 time Smokey Mountain Wrestling Tag Team Champion(w/Stan Lane & Jimmy Del Ray), and WWF World Tag Team Champion(w/Skip AKA Chris Candido) Dr. Tom Prichard took on Styles who was holding his own. That is until MVP and “Magic” Mario Bryant hit the ring and jumped both of them. This lead to a tag team match…
- Dr. Tom Prichard & Damian Styles def. “MVP” & “Magic” Mario Bryant. I had a feeling the one on one match was going to end like it did with Mr. Know-It-All’s men in the back watching! Fine tag team match which showed just how much of a ring general that Dr. Tom is. I mean after all the man trained Kurt Angle! Dr. Tom slowed the pace down and just gave everyone in attendance a wrestling lesson. I know I’m focusing on Prichard too much here but he was the main reason I went to the show. Great main event. Well done everyone. After the match, Mr. Know-It-All was knocked out and proceeded to get makeup and a stuffed bra put on him. How disrespectful! Funny though!
So another fine outing by BTPW is in the record books. I’ll definitely go back again and I think anybody in the area that like fine Indy wrestling should go see these guys. There next show is Saturday, Oct.5, 2013 entitled “Thanks For Nothing!” Check it out.