11/22/13. Exhibition Hall. Watertown,NY. After the last time 2CW was in Watertown they got a lot of criticism about the show. To shut the people up they came back with a vengeance. Quite the roster for this event and they all were there with something to prove. Let’s get to the results.
- 2CW Heavyweight Champion Isys Ephex def. “Juggernaut” Jason Axe. The title match is usually the main event on the card. Not that night. To tell you the truth, I was glad it was first. Nothing against the wrestlers but I wasn’t too anxious for it. Ephex retains the title after a roll up. At least I think that’s how it ended. I wanted Axe to win but there’s a lot of things I want but never get. Next.
- “The Man Beast” Rhino beat Michael Elgin. Talk about evenly matched opponents! Not too many men size up against Rhino but Elgin certainly does. This one was back and forth throughout the entire thing. Rhino went over the top rope and both battled on the outside. At one point, Elgin muscled up Rhino with an extremely impressive belly to back suplex. Strong. Not strong enough to last through the GORE! GORE! GORE! Great match!Electric Dream Machine (Guero Loco & “Studly” Steve McKenzie) & Zaquary Springate III def. Bin Hamin, Peter D. Order & Eric Mahoney Timmins. These guys know each other pretty well by now I’d think. The bad guys had control for most of the match which had a ton of tags in it. The referee lost control of the match and finally after the “315” and the triple teaming going on by the good guys, they got the win. Good for them.
- Dojo Brothers (“Die Hard” Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) beat Punisher VanSlyke & Kevin “The Man” Graham. That might have been the last time I’ll see Eddie Edwards as he is rumored to be going to the WWE. If it is, it was a good way to go out. Let me just say there were more chops in this match than three Ric Flair matches! Graham’s chest looked like hamburger. I think everybody in the crowd was wincing after each chop. Good stuff though. Edwards got a “Thank you Eddie!” chant after the win. This was my first time seeing Strong live and I’m glad I finally did. Very cool.
- “Captain” Nick Ando def. “Supercop” Dick Justice. “We love Dick! We Love Dick!” The usual crowd chant for everybody’s favorite man with a badge and ‘Merica’s favorite son. This was my first time seeing Ando and in a weird way I liked his fur coat and sailor cap. He gets the win using a Boston Crab. Next time Dick!
- AR Fox beat Jay Freddie, Dalton Castle, Cheech, Tyson Dux & Gregory Iron in a 6 Man Scramble. One fall to a finish. This started outside the ring but was brought back in and out and in again. Just move after move throughout the whole thing. AR Fox is amazing and that isn’t a slight to the others such as Watertown’s own Jay Freddie(who got the upper hand on a chain of head scissors by turning the whole bunch over!!) and the “Handicapped Hero” Gregory Iron, I’m just stating the obvious. He gets the win after a 450 splash on Castle. Awesome. 2CDUB! 2CDUB! 2CDUB!
- CK(Sean Carr & Kage) def. “Innovator of Violence” Tommy Dreamer & “Extremely Cute Wrestler” Colin Delaney to retain the 2CW Tag Titles. Tommy Dreamer is the man. Anyway, the match started with a fine exchange of moves between Colin and Carr with neither man getting the upper hand. Lots of action in and out of the ring including Dreamer getting crotched on the guard rail and taking a drop toe hold onto a chair (he really should stop trying to use this). CK really has improved with their double teaming and I think they deserve to hold the belts. One funny moment happened when Colin told Dreamer to go up to the top rope and come down on their opponent…he dismissed that idea in a hurry but only as Dreamer would. Good stuff. The end came when Colin had Kage pinned, Carr gave Dreamer a roll up for the win. Dreamer said he’d be back…that’s fine with me.
- Jessicka Havok beat MsChif. My first time seeing these two. The one thing I took from this one was there was more screaming during this match than I’ve ever heard before. It seems like MsChif’s counter holds are, you guessed it, screams. There was a camel clutch in this one (while screaming) but I have to admit MsChif pulled off some impressive suplexes. Havok gets the win after an emerald fusion (air raid crash).
- “Mr. Wrestling” Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks beat Johnny Gargano & (Oi4K)Dave & Jake Crist. Holy S@#*! That pretty much sums up the main event. These guys are great. I’d watch this match over and over if they’d book it. It was the first time I’ve ever seen a hand spring back rake followed by,uh…hmmm, a “funny dance back bite” by Steen. Then we were all invited to a Superkick Party courtesy of the Bucks. I don’t even remember how this ended it was so good (I’m pretty sure Gargano got pinned). What a way to finish the night off.
Just a great night of action by some of the best in the business. 2CW was in fine form and there’s no doubt as to why they are my favorite American Indy. I’m looking forward to the next show that I can make it to which is “Living On The Edge 9” on May 2, 2014 in Watertown. Looking forward to it. Awesome night! Thanks to all involved. Oh yeah, there was a special guest in the back…WWE Hall Of Famer EDGE! Just visiting his boy Rhino and other friends. So cool.